Re: [EXTERNAL] OKD 3.11 pull from external registry and image stream

I think your DC needs to be configured to pull from the imagestream

      spec:

        containers:

        - env:

          image: "docker-registry.default.svc:5000/myproject/myapplication:latest"

          imagePullPolicy: Always

          name: myapplication

          ports:

          - containerPort: 8080

Otherwise you don’t need an imagestream.

You can configure the image stream to do pull-through:

apiVersion: image.openshift.io/v1

kind: ImageStream

metadata:

  generation: 1

  name: myapplication

spec:

  lookupPolicy:

  tags:

  - annotations: null

    from:

      kind: DockerImage

      name: myregistry.mydomain.com/myproject/myapplication:latest

    generation: 1

    importPolicy:

      scheduled: true

    name: latest

    referencePolicy:

      type: Local

The reference policy portion is the part that enforces a local copy of the remote image, and keeps you from needing to rely on a less reliable external docker registry.