Re: error during install: subnet id does not exist

Are you using openshift-ansible's AWS support to create EC2 instances for you? We create our instances by other means and then run openshift-ansible on them using the BYO playbooks,
I am not opposed to it, just that I am a beginner, trying to get something up and running. I can create instances manually and run ansible on it, but not able to find instructions.
Openshift's "advanced install" instructions are way too advanced.

I have a single node openshift working, but to add a node, instructions only point to ansible (oadm does not have a command). So I am thinking fastest way to a working cluster (with add node possibilities) is to use ansible, hence this path.

Do you have the availability zone or VPC set in your inventory file?  If so, does it match the subnet you specified?
The instructions do not ask for availability zone or VPC. They only ask for a subnet and I have specified that.
Maybe it is picking some other VPC where the subnet is not available.