Re: docker build-arg

This is giving me more grief so finally filed a RFE: https://github.com/openshift/origin/issues/12686

Cheers.

On 6 October 2016 at 00:02, Clayton Coleman <ccoleman redhat com> wrote:
Currently not supported, please file a bug

On Oct 5, 2016, at 3:18 AM, Lionel Orellana <lionelve gmail com> wrote:

Hi All,

Is there a way to specify a build-arg to a docker build.

I have a Dockerfile with an ARG statement and I would like to run something equivalent to

$docker build --build-arg ARG1=value ./build-dir

My docker buildconfig is setup and I can trigger new builds without the arg as

$oc start-build <name> --from-dir=./build-dir

I tried using -e but got a warning:

WARNING: Specifying environment variables with binary builds is not supported.

So is there a way to pass build-args or is it simply not supported?

Thanks

Lionel.